Busy executive? Run a small business? In a hurry? Dont order from ebuyer.
Tempted by their cheaper than anywhere else prices for a Samsung 22″ monitor for my new graphics guru recently employed, I ordered from them last week.
1. I was going to pay on my personal card. They requested a copy of my PASSPORT and a bank statement. Annoyed, but wanting to simply get the goods, I complied and sent the scanned copies to their email address. Days later, still no delivery. We phoned; they had no record and had canceled the order. We’d had no email or communication. FAIL No.1
2. we tried ordering again. This time I paid on my company mastercard; they didnt require the passport or bank statement this time, but they wouldn’t accept the order to be delivered to our London office, when the card was registered to our Cambridge office.
3. Reluctantly accepted to have delivery to the Cambridge office, so telephoned this time to ensure the order went smoothly. So we ordered BY PHONE and the guy said they would be delivered the next day, as they were in stock. I even paid extra for fast delivery.
Having arranged carraige from Cambridge to London, I called today to check things had arrived. NOTHING HAD ARRIVED. Tried to call, they had a cue of 9 people infront of me. Dug through my email, it turns out they sent a CANCELLATION OF ORDER EMAIL a couple of days ago; it had gone in my junk (good to know they use a good emailing service). The email gives NO useful information about why it is cancelled; the items were IN STOCK, so they cant be discontinued. We certainly did NOT cancel the order.
Summary of why not to order from ebuyer
3 attempts at ordering, over an hour wasted (atleast), many calls, emails and arranging of transport from Cambridge to London, and NOTHING to show for it.
- Poor communication
- fussy policies about delivery when other services all manage to provide sensible delivery criteria
- long waiting on the phone
- and the potential to be left furious at having wasted a vast amount of time and f***ing around.
And why am I writing this and using up more time? To save you making the same mistake. Its my only course of retort. Back to Amazon for me; I’ll pay the little extra, as atleast they deliver on-time and without the dance of the postal address ebuyer demand.
The email is all its useless glory, below: